Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A different practice

I appreciate Tony Jones's book but I'm more interested in spending my energy on incorporating a practice that works for me.

It's dark, lights out, candle flaming, prayer filled poetry.....and traditional adoration, thanksgiving and intercession. Flamenco or taize in the background.

I have also found tai chi can be invigorating.

I had a long conversation last week about some of the problems with Christianity -- that it is a disembodied religion. We need to borrow from Native American and shamanic traditions. Anglicans are supposed to be embracers of incarnational theology. That means our bodies are central to our lives of worship and prayer....I'll blog on what my new spiritual director says about this!

Centering praye is very,very slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment